Saturday, June 2, 2012

spring card

Hello, my friends.  Seems a long time since I've created anything.  I've been working this week, helping close the office, since the company was sold.  Packing boxes and cleaning, I was pretty tired physically, and by the time I'd get home, just didn't have the energy to be creative.  The only thing I've done all week was work by bits on my hexagon quilt while watching the Brewers play baseball.

However, tonight the game wasn't televised and I'm participating in an all night (until whenever) scrap/stamp & chat at OWSE Yahoo group.  We played bingo & I was one of the winners.  And we were then given a special fold card challenge.  It's called a spring card, because it folds flat, but springs up when taken from the envelope.  The tutorial is here.  I changed the size to 4-1/4", so I could use an A2 envelope.  That also allowed the addition of the circle piece. 

I used several items that were already completed - a flower & leaves, and an embossed scalloped circle, which had one edge cut off.  It fit perfect as a backing behind the flower.

On the bottom I added a piece of designer paper and a sentiment, plus some faux stitching around the edges.  Faux stitching was also added around the image.

I hope your having a nice weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: