Hello, my friends. I haven't done much creating lately. Sometimes I just don't feel like getting out my supplies and making something. But I'm OK with that, as long as I don't have a deadline to meet. I know it won't be long before I'm back at it.
Today I finally have my page done for July's Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge on SCS. For this month I chose Psalm 9:2 as my verse and made a two page spread. I used a technique presented at last week's art journal meeting at OWSE Yahoo group, called a UTEE technique.
The base is stamped tissue paper, or in my case, recycled coffee filters glued on my pages. After I use them, I rinse them well and let them dry. The coffee stains them like tea would, so they are fun to reuse. I used stamps from Donna Salazar, Tim Holtz, and Hero Arts with black archival ink. After stamping several coffee filters, I tore them into strips and glued them on my pages.
The technique then called for a stencil (mine is from Crafters Workshop), versamark ink, and white UTEE, which I was sure I didn't have, so I substitued white pigment ink and clear UTEE, with a second coat of white ink and regular white embossing powder. It turned out pretty good, but I think the white UTEE would have been better, and certainly easier. As it turns out, after I had done this, I went looking for something and found a jar of white UTEE. I think I've had it quite awhile and never used it, which is why it was forgotten. I will have to try the technique again and use the white UTEE, but for this one, I just went with what I had done.
After that, I brayered on some acrylic paint, dripped on some watercolor and flicked some ink on -- all part of the technique instructions. Oh, and a baby wipe was used to remove ink from the embossed areas.
For the front of the page, I printed out some digital papers from Computer Scrapbook. On one sheet, I printed the verse, so I could get a colored background instead of white. Then I used my new Sizzix hexagon die to cut hexagons from the digi papers. I sponged the edges with vintage photo distress ink and arranged them in a fun pattern on my pages and then glued them down. I'm really happy with how these turned out.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.