Thursday, July 12, 2012

a quick card

Hello, my friends.  Today was one of my teaching days for my stamp classes.  I don't usually get an opportunity to do any creating for myself on the days I teach.  Even though I enjoy teaching, it's physically and mentally draining and I don't usually feel like crafting when I'm finished.  However, today, my sister came early to class - 45 minutes early.  So I suggested that we work on the ways to use it challenge on SCS, which was stitching.  I pulled out a few stamps and some scraps that I thought might work together.  She had a few scraps in her bag, so we were all set. 

Mine scraps consisted of a stamped & cut out flower and two die cuts, one of which was also embosed and sponged.  I also pulled out a Prima paper pack that I wanted to show her, knowing she would love it.  She pulled out a page to use and I knew it would work for my card as well.  I added a sentiment, some sponging and faux stitching, arranged the pieces on ivory card stock and I was all set.  I finished before the rest of the class arrived.  It's not fancy, but I love that I could use up some of my scraps.  My sister finished hers after she went home. You can see her card here.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love it! It is so dimensional, and the color combo is really nice.

Tracy said...

Looove it!