Thursday, October 18, 2012

snowflakes

Oooo, I'm not ready for that yet, are you? 

Hello, my friends.  The idea for this art journal spread came from a challenge by Julie and Nathalie called Take the Second Floor Challenge, which is a challenge to push yourself out of your box.  This time the challenge is to use white card stock. 

My pages were painted in some colors I didn't like, so I went over them with gesso, white acrylic paint and more gesso.  After all of that, you would think they would be white - but not so.  So I just used a sponge with bashful blue ink and added some blue.  Not too much, though, because I wanted to keep the background pretty white. 

Then I used white card stock and die cut a bunch of snowflakes with three different sets of Spellbinders dies, which I've had for a long time and not used any of them before.  It was time for them to see some action.  I also embossed and sponged them with bashful blue ink, so they would stand out a little from the background. 

It was hard to not add more color, since I usually like something that will really pop on the page. 

I searched online for a quote pertaining to snow and finally found one I liked, so I printed it out and added it to my spread. 

This is a really different spread for me with so little color.  I don't like how the snowflakes blend into the background.  Thanks so much for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is very beautiful! I love the mood this gives ! Awesome

Starla said...

Personally, I like how subtle the snowflakes are!! They are like those first falling flakes...you see them fall, but you still have to take a second look to see if they are really snowflakes or large rain drops in disguise!!