Sunday, October 14, 2012

autumn leaves

Hello, my friends.  Somehow, while I've been in a creative slump, time has slipped by, and I realized that I had completely missed doing the Bible verse challenge on SCS for the month of September.  That also means I need to do an extra one to get caught up for October. 

Still not feeling too creative, today I forced myself to pull out a couple of art journal pages and see what I could do.  I'm happy to say that I was able to create a journal spread, so this is for the September challenge. 

These pages were already painted, but I wasn't happy with what they looked like, so I coated over them with gesso (love that stuff).  I didn't cover everything completely, but didn't concern myself, because I was going to add some inks, stamping and die cuts. 

I used some distress stains in fall colors randomly around the pages and then brushed a gesso wash over that, toning down the colors and blending them a bit, but not covering them completely. 

I then stamped some random images all over the background, again using fall ink colors. 

The leaves are die cut using my new SU autumn accents die and then I stamped a different background on each one and sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink. 

The Bible verse is printed on my computer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

5 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

I think your journal pages turned out great! Love the color wash look of the background

When you stamped on your background-on top of gesso-what kind of ink did you use?

Starla said...

Ohhhh! I love fall and I really like the verse you chose too!
For being in a creative slump, you made a lovely piece!

terry said...

Lovely Fall pages!

terry said...

Lovely Fall pages!

stampingbowd said...

What a beautiful layout and a wonderful scripture!!!