Sunday, October 7, 2012

trends

Hi there, my friends.  So I was doing some blog reading this morning and came across some challenges in the Classroom for world card making day, which was yesterday.  The best thing about these challenges is that some lucky participant is going to win a shopping spree.  Now that is pretty hard to resist.  So I decided to participate. 

This card was made for challenge #5 - trend watch by Julia Stainton.  One of the current trends I love is hexagons, so that's what I used on my card. 

I started with a Spellbinders hexagon die and made a hexagon opening in a piece of clear acetate.  I then placed it on my card stock and sponged faded jeans, mustard seed and picked raspberry distress inks through the opening and repeated that a number of times to make a background. 

I used a Spellbinders ric rac edge die to trim one edge and backed the piece with navy and used a pink passion card base. 

The feather (Stampendous) was stamped once each in the same colors and cut out.  The one in front is popped up. 

I added a Hero Arts sentiment in one of the hexagon sections. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have you participated in any word card making day challenges?

1 comment:

maria f. said...

This really caught my eye. Love the inking inside the hexagons.