Hello friends. It's number 11 for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art! I'm halfway done! Unless... I decide to do both sides of all 21 cards. That's tempting since I'm having so much fun with these. However, I may not finish that many this month. We'll see.
Please refer to this post to see how I made the base for my cards.
Again, I reached into my inspiration jar for some ideas. My words this time were turquoise, horse, and embossing.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do for a horse, although it's not required that I stay literal with my interpretation. Then I remembered that I have a horse stamp -- ONE horse stamp -- which I don't think I've ever used. Time to pull it out and use it. I stamped the horse with jet black archival ink on white card stock and colored it with water soluble oil pastels. Another medium that I purchased recently and had not used. Sound familiar? The oil pastels feel like watercolor crayons, but didn't seem to have the same result when water was applied. The color on these didn't spread and wash as much as the crayons.
I then die cut the image with Spellbinders labels five, but trimmed off the sides. I added faux stitching around the edge.
For the background, I used a pool paint dauber, just lightly adding paint and not completely covering the surface. You can really see the texture from the coffee filter.
I found the negative part from a lattice die cut that I thought would work with this card, so I embossed it with my Tim Holtz/Sizzix gridlock embossing folder. Then I cut it apart, keeping 1-1/2" at each corner. I used two of the pieces that were left to fill in on the sides.
I printed the words on my computer, cut them apart and glued them on.
I've always had a love for horses, so I'm happy with this card.
Thank you so much for spending some time here with me today.