Saturday, January 19, 2013

21 cards - #16

Hi my friends.  Here I am again with another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  Please see this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I used my Inspiration Jar again and pulled out the words - music, torn paper, and button. 

So I started by tearing some strips of patterned paper, which included one with music.  I used gel medium to glue them to my card.  I also put another coat of gel medium over the top. 

I made some faux buttons from card stock.  For each button, I punched five 7/8" circles, glued them together and used my crop-a-dile to punch the small holes.   I sanded the edges a little bit to give them a smoother edge, but I think I could have done a little more sanding.  Then I painted them with pearl white Lumiere paint.  When that was dry, I stamped a music stamp on them with jet black stazon ink.  The 'thread' in each button is a very narrow strip of black card stock. 

I looked on line and found a quote about music that I liked and printed it.  I did some faux stitching and doodling (to cover up a boo-boo I made with my marker) around the edge.  And if I hadn't told you that, you would never know.  Ha!

For the corners, I punched fancy photo corners. 

Thank you so much for spending some time with me today.

No comments: