Sunday, January 20, 2013

21 cards - #17

Hello, my friends.  Here I am with another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  Please see this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

I used my Inspiration Jar again and pulled out the words -- envelope, die cut, and leaves. 

I had a card that I had already painted green, but wanted a little more on the background, so I used a stencil from Crafter's Workshop - art is - and sponged some burnt umber acrylic paint over the card. 

Next, I die cut leaves from Basic Grey Indian Summer paper with Autumn Accents die from SU/Sizzix.  I added faux stitching around all the edges. 

For my envelope, I used a very old mini envelope template and another piece of the same paper. 

I printed the quote and cut it into a tag shape.  Using the same leaf die, I made a stencil from scrap paper and sponged some creamy caramel ink over the words and outlined the leaf.  The edges of the tag are sponged with vintage photo distress ink.  A piece of hemp twine makes the tie. 

Here is a picture with the tag out of the envelope. 

I hope you are enjoying my cards.  I appreciate that you stopped by for a visit. 

No comments: