Saturday, January 26, 2013

21 cards - #23

Hi friends.  I'm still going.  I have now done 23 cards for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art

My inspiration jar words were:  waves, doily, and stitching. 

For the waves, I cut a wavy edge on a piece of scrap paper and used it as a mask to apply several different blue acrylic paints, tilting it sometimes, so the waves were uneven and overlapped in places.  I didn't completely cover over the white base. 

I recently learned a tip from Dina Wakely on how to get a good stamp impression on a rough surface.  This is done by stamping first on tissue paper and then applying the tissue paper to the rough surface with matte gel medium.  I added the doilies (SU delicate doilies) using this method.  This is so much better than an incomplete image. 

I printed the sentiment on my computer, cut it apart, sponged the edges with ballet blue ink and set the pieces down on my card.  But as I looked at it, I knew that I needed to add a little bit of something bright, so I pulled out an old SU set called the art of life.  I colored the flower stamp with markers, misted with water, and then stamped on white card stock.  Now I'm sure it would have been better to cut close to the image, but I'm really not into fussy cutting, so I left some of the white around it.  After attaching it, I used a Pitt pen to add some details.  Then I glued on the sentiment.  The red flower really added some life to this piece. 

Then I added some faux stitching around the edge of the card.  

Thank you for stopping by today. 

No comments: