Saturday, January 26, 2013

21 cards - #24

Hello again.  Here's another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  This post shows how I made the base for my cards. 

My inspiration jar words were: rainbow, flowers, and leaves.

Since the coffee filter is somewhat translucent and doesn't completely cover the words on the boxes I used for the base, I painted on a coat of white acrylic paint.  Then I used watercolor crayons and a water brush to make a rainbow background. 

I stamped the flower (which does have a couple of leaves kind of hidden in there) from Local King Rubber Stamps with tuxedo black Memento ink on white card stock and colored it with Copic markers.  Then I cut it out, using a craft knife to cut out the inner portions. 

The lace borders, from Gina K, were stamped with jet black archival ink on white. Then I sponged ruby red ink all over them to match the flowers.  I cut along the scallops. 

I have this sentiment on a stamp from Endless Creations, but it was too big to fit on the card, so I typed it up on the computer and printed it.  I cut apart the words so they would fit bordering alongside the flower. 

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. 

1 comment:

krcmasterpiece said...

LOVE it! Girl you are rocking on the inspiration jar idea!

The background is beautiful. The darker flowers and border really pop!