Monday, January 28, 2013

21 cards - #26

Hello, my friends.  Here I am with another card for the monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  This post shows how I made the base for my cards.

My inspiration jar words were:  wood, masking, and two. 

I started by dripping some acrylic paint on the surface and spreading it with an old gift card. 

I put some masking tape on cereal box chipboard and then ran it through my cuttlebug with my Tim Holtz/Sizzix heart wings die, so I have two wings.  The heart is wood - found in my stash from a long time ago.  I played around with colors on the wings and heart and wasn't too happy with them, so I coated over with gesso, which picked up some of the color and left them a dull rose color.  I stamped a Donna Salazar script on the wings and some Dylusions flowers on the heart.  I used distress markers to color in the flowers and then gently (so as not to smudge the ink) brushed on matte gel medium. 

The colored strips along the bottom are faux washi tape made with scor-tape and coffee filters.  I think I colored them with distress stains and stamped with various stamps and jet black archival ink. 

I printed out the sentiment and added a bunch of doodles. 

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. 

No comments: