Tuesday, January 29, 2013

21 cards - #27

Hi friends.  January is almost over, but I feel I've really accomplished something with this monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  This post shows how I made the base for my cards.

My inspiration jar gave me the words:  sun, white, and seeds. 

White space is a lot like silence.  We think we need to fill it with something.  But we need both white space and silence.  They allow our eyes - and minds - to rest and focus.  So I gave my background a coat of white paint and left it. 

I die cut a picot edge circle (spellbinders) in white and another circle that just fit the inside.  I used the negative piece from the circle as a mask to stamp the flower and to sponge summer sun ink.  I also just touched the edges with the same ink.  The flower was colored with markers.  Then I painted matte mod podge in the center and added mustard seeds, with another coat of mod podge over the top.  When that was dry, I added brown paint with my finger over the seeds. 

The sentiment was computer generated, cut apart and sponged with summer sun. 

I love this card and hope you do too.

Thanks so much for stopping by.



1 comment:

Amanda Trought said...

Melody, this is one of my favourite cards, love sunflowers and I really really do want to live in the sun and feel the rays on my skin. The sunflower was one of the first plants I ever grew and was amazed when they got to 9ft...Blessings for your week. Amandax