Friday, January 11, 2013

21 cards - #5

Hello my friends.  I have another card for the challenge on Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  This is #5. 

Please refer to this post to see how I made the base for my cards.

For my background, I tore small pieces of pattern paper and glued them all over the card with matte medium.  Then I brushed on some acrylic paint (very watery), not completely covering the papers. 

When the paint was dry, I used three different stencils with acrylic paint randomly applied with a sponge. The bricks and chicken wire were both used with white paint, but on one I used a very light touch and the other very heavy. 

I cut the scalloped edge and the hearts freehand and really like the look.  I hand wrote the sentiment and added some faux stitching and doodles with a black Pigma pen. 

I tend to overthink each step when I create.  I know that stems from wanting perfection -- a fear of failure and making a complete mess of things.  However difficult, I've been trying to push myself to move forward and just do things without too much thought and hesitation, so this card went together a little faster than it normally takes.  It's 'different' that what I usually make - more messy, but I think I like it.  I think what I like the most about it is that the background seems to have a lot of depth. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: