Hello my friends. I haven't blogged for a few days, because I've been busy preparing for my technique class today. But now that is done, so I can concentrate on more fun stuff. Last evening I sat down and worked on some more hearts for the February monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art. I finished two and have a couple more in progress.
The first one is another one using the image transfer technique with sticky back canvas. I used a piece of patterned paper. The shimmer is from matte gel medium that reflects my camera flash.
For the background, I glued on a piece of patterned paper, then sponged through a harlequin stencil from the Crafter's Workshop with weathered wood, faded jeans, tea dye, and vintage photo distress inks.
The script is a Donna Salazar stamp, stamped randomly with jet black archival ink.
I doodled some scalloped around the heart with a black Pitt pen.
The Bible verse is computer generated.
My second heart today is also part of the ways to use it challenge on SCS (sponging) and for a Quick Fire challenge from OWSE Yahoo group, which was to make something that represents spring fever. Probably the thing that I most await for in Spring is for my lilacs to bloom. I have a lilac hedge along one side of the back yard, which I've planted over the years since we've lived here. Some were dug up from my parents' home up north, and others were purchased. I have several different varieties - purples, blue, pink, doubles, and one that blooms almost a month later than the others. They are all so pretty and I just love how they smell. Even though, once cut, they don't last long, I always have to bring at least one bouquet into the house.
The background on this heart is made using the Crafter's Workshop 6" brick stencil and mowed lawn distress ink with a sponge.
The heart is die cut with Spellbinders nested hearts die and the lilac blossoms from a Sizzix die called build a flower, lilacs. I cut the leaves and branch freehand. I sponged the heart and flowers with shaded lilac distress ink and added some pearls to the flowers. The leaves were white and I sponged mowed lawn on them to change the color, and then edged them with pine needles distress ink.
My sentiment was computer generated.
Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit today. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.