Saturday, February 16, 2013

20 hearts - #9, #10, #11

Happy Saturday, my friends.  It's sunny outside, but cold - only 20 degrees and windy.  It's a good day to stay indoors. 

Last night I was busy on the February monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art, and made three more. 

For the first one, I made a quilt background by punching 1" squares from designer paper.  I brushed over it with a gesso wash, which toned down the brightness just a bit. 

Then I stamped the heart (oh, forgot to check, but I think it's Stampington & Co.) in jet black archival ink.  I added some faux stitching and a computer generated sentiment. 

The next one started with the heart, which is sticky back canvas.  I stamped the flowers (Dylusions) in black archival ink on plain white paper and did an image transfer onto the sticky side of the canvas.  You press the image side onto the sticky side, burnish, then wet and rub until all the paper residue is gone and only the image remains.  Because I wanted it colored, I tried some different mediums (copic markers, distress markers, ink sprays).  Some of the color from the markers is visible, but mostly washed out.  The ink sprays colored the canvas, but not evenly.  I completely rinsed the canvas and what you see is what was left.  I gave it a coat of matte Mod Podge.  It was a good experiment and I like the result, even though it wasn't what I was aiming for. 

The background is painted, stenciled with more paint, and then stamped with a Donna Salazar crackle stamp. 

I crocheted a length of braid, which is the type used for Romanian Point Lace, and glued it around the edge of the heart. 

The sentiment is computer generated. 

For the last heart, I covered the background with designer paper and a piece from an old book, all coated with matte Mod Podge. 

The heart was stamped on tissue paper, torn out and applied with Mod Podge. 

The sentiment is computer generated. 

Thank you so much for visiting today.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

krcmasterpiece said...

LOVE all 3 today! great techniques. Great Sentiments/quotes.