Saturday, February 9, 2013

20 hearts - #3, 4 & 5

Hello my friends.  I made some more heart cards for the February monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art.  It's quite a challenge to come up with 20 hearts that are all different. 

The first one today is a stenciled heart.  First I painted a very pale blue on the background.  I cut the stencil from paper and used a dot stencil over that, to get a dotted heart.  The dots are paint and the heart is distress ink.  Then I used the cut out heart as a mask, so I could stamp the filigree background from SU. 

I used two photo corner punches for the corners and added some white gel pen highlights. 

The sentiment was computer generated. 

My next card has a washi tape heart.  The music strip is from Tim Holtz and the others are hand made with tissue paper, scor-tape, distress stains and stamps.  I just put the strips on white card stock and then ran it through my cuttlbug with a scallop heart die (Spellbinders). 

Some stamped, torn card stock and a computer generated sentiment complete this card. 

My third card has a hand crocheted heart.  The background was painted red and then a Gina K lace border was stamped with white pigment ink.  Even with a heat gun, the white ink took forever to dry.  The heart is not permanently attached to the card.  It's just tied on with ribbon, so the recipient can remove it and use it for something else.  The sentiment is computer generated and punched wih a word window punch and tied to the ribbon. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.                                                                                                           

2 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

I am LOVING the crochet heart! Very smart to be able to take it off to reuse it.
Your such an inspiration!

Starla said...

So many different technqiues! Love that you used one of your crocheted hearts!