Saturday, February 23, 2013

sending smiles

Happy Saturday.  I made a card today for two challenges.  OWSE Yahoo group has a couple of challenges each month, and one of the February challenges is a color challenge - blue, orange, and straw yellow.  The inspiration challenge on SCS was also my inspiration.  I chose this layered flower pin as a basis for my card design. 

My background is white, stamped with scratchy straw (Cornish Heritage Farms) in more mustard ink.  I also sponged the mustard ink over the background to soften the color from a bright white.  The fancy photo corners are punched from mustard card stock. 

The flower layers are from Heartfelt Creations, stamped with jet black stazon on white card stock and sponged with ballet blue and only orange ink. 

I die cut elegant flourishes (Tim Holtz/Sizzix) from ballet blue card stock. 

The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I finished off the flower with an orange flower brad. 


No comments: