Monday, February 25, 2013

20 hearts - #15, #16, #17

Hello friends.  Here I am with some more hearts for the February monthly challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art. I have three more done.  I might just get all 20 made.  Actually, I have one more finished, but can't show you that one yet.  I'm using it for my Friday Feature on the OWSE blog

The card base for all the hearts is cereal box, coated with gesso and these three are painted with light buttermilk acrylic paint. 

My first one today has a background stamped with a large stitch background stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I used tumbled glass to ink the stamp, then misted it with water and stamped.  I used a paper tower to remove the excess water. 

The cereal box chipboard heart is covered with fabric.  Then I die cut the mini sewing room dress form and spool.  I added some crochet cotton to the spool to make it look like thread. 

The sentiment is computer generated.  I think I have a stamp that says that, but didn't want to spend time looking for it. 

For my next heart, I colored the background stamp, leaf & floral (Hero Arts), with distress markers, misted with water and stamped.  I used a paper towel to blot away the excess water, leaving a nice soft background. 

The heart is a piece I found in my scraps that was colored with wrinkle free distress technique.  I thought I would get done faster if I pulled some things from the scrap stash.  I stamped one of Tim Holtz' stamps in jet black archival ink on the heart.  Then I sponged a little vintage photo distress ink on the edges. 

I colored the butterfly with Copic markers, cut it out, and popped up the wings.  I added the antennae with a Pitt pen. 

The sentiment is computer generated, cut apart and glued down. 

My third background (dots & flowers from Hero Arts) is colored the same way as the second, but using different colors. 

The heart and birds were in my stash, making it easy to put this one together.  The heart is embossed with tiny mosaic texture embossing folder and sponged with vintage photo distress ink.  There are some birds stamped on it in white ink, but they don't show up very well. 

The birds are die cut with a Sizzix die.  The one in front is grungeboard, painted with pearlescent blue Lumiere, and the one behind is certainly celery card stock. 

I printed the sentiment on my computer, sponged the edges with vintage photo distress ink and glued it on. 

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today. 

1 comment:

Shoregirl said...

Oh my, what lovely heart cards! I especially love the first one -- cute way to combine sewing themed elements!