Saturday, March 2, 2013

faux wood

Happy Saturday!  Last night, while I had the house to myself, I was busy stamping.  I made two cards that were very similar, but used different stamps for each. 

One was for a challenge to on Stamp TV for their newest stamp release party.  The challenge is to make a card using faux wood technique. 

The faux wood background is made by dragging your ink pads down the paper until you have the look you want.  I used creamy caramel, more mustard, really rust, and chocolate chip inks.  Then you make board lines and nails with a black marker. 

The image is part of a Gina K set called stately flowers 1.  I stamped the flower with tuxedo black memento ink and colored it with Copic markers.  Then I die cut it with a spellbinders oval, and backed it with a scalloped oval in black. 

The lace piece is from lacy borders (GKD), stamped in ballet blue and trimmed along the image.  I lightly sponged some creamy caramel over it to age it a little. 

The sentiment is from the same flower set. 

The second card is for the inspiration challenge on SCS.  I chose a hedgehog clock as my inspiration. 

Then I pulled out a very old SU stamp set called hedgehog happiness.  I made the card the same way as I did the first one.  The only differences are the sentiment is part of the stamp, and the horizontal strip is made with ribbon stripes (GKD) in wild wasabi ink. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend. 

3 comments:

Leeann said...

Gorgeous cards! Thank you for the wishes on SCS today :)

Carole said...

Your "wood" is wonderful!

dawnmercedes said...

thanks for bringing out that old, but very sweet, hedgie!