Thursday, March 7, 2013

21 cards - #33

Hello friends.  Well, I'm still working on some of those cards from January's challenge at Motley Soul Mixed-Media Art, since I need to fill the extra space in my book. This one is also inspired by a March challenge at OWSE Yahoo group, to make something with flowers on it.  I never have a problem doing that, since I love flowers and have a multitude of floral stamps.  I'm also adding this to the mix-ability challenge #4 on SCS. 

My card base is cereal box chipboard covered with recycled coffee filters and coated with gesso.  I covered the base with blue and purple acrylic paint, just spreading the paint on with my fingers.

I then used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and a cosmetic sponge with white paint to add some contrast.

The flower (Local King Rubber Stamps) is stamped with jet black stazon on white card stock and colored with distress markers with a little water to blend the colors.  I then cut it out and glued it to the card.

The Hero Arts butterfly is stamped with tuxedo black memento ink and colored with Copic markers, cut out and attached.  The wings are raised with dimensional foam tape.

I printed the sentiment, cut the words apart and attached them. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

I would have to agree...flowers always make me happy!