Friday, March 22, 2013

masculine card

Hello friends.  The month of March seems to be flying by, and today I realized that I hadn't yet made anything for the zoo challenge for this month at OWSE Yahoo group.  We're supposed to use an animal seen at the zoo.  Well, my collection of stamps doesn't include many animals, and it's been a long time since I've visited a zoo, but I'm pretty sure you can see deer there.  So I pulled out my deer stamp from Biblical Impressions and made a masculine card.

I have boxes which become a catch-all for leftover paper scraps, images, etc., and often I'll just pull out some of those things to start a project.  That is exactly what I did for this card.  Everything on this card, with the exception of the stamps, ink, and brads, was found in one of those boxes.

I stamped the card base with a leaf stamp from Paper Inspirations with peeled paint.  Then I stamped flannel plaid (SU) over that with rusty hinge.

The deer and sentiment (unknown) was stamped with jet black archival ink.  I colored in the letters with a tea dye distress marker.

I used a corner chomper on the rust piece and added vintage photo on all the edges, as well as over the ridges of some torn corrugated cardboard.

I added some brads and tied a piece of red raffia around the cardboard.

Usually I struggle with masculine cards, but this one went together fairly quickly.

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this card! I struggle with masculine cards. Well actually I struggle with anything arty at the moment LOL. Great job Melody!

dawnmercedes said...

Nice addition of cardboard...