Thursday, March 21, 2013

fabric flowers

Hello friends.  This week I made some flowers.  Tim Holtz is having a challenge on his blog to make something using his Tattered Florals die.  I thought I'd try making a hair clip or pin, so I pulled out some fabric and started cutting flowers with the die. 

The first one I made has a lot of layers of flowers.  I started with a circle for my base.  Then I used the large flower to build some layers.  I folded each flower into quarters and stitched across the folded corner with my sewing machine just to hold the folds. 

Then I used a glue gun and glued four flowers onto the circle.  I made three layers of the large flower, and two layers of the smaller flower.  Then I tucked another layer in between the large and small flowers, so there was a smoother transition from large to small.  In the center, I glued the smallest flower and a large flat back pearl.  I'm going to finish it off with a pin back, but need to dig in my stash and find one. 

The second flower I made is much simpler, just two layers of folded flowers and a single flower in the center with a button.  This one is all sewn together on my machine.  This one is a hair clip.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

oh...what a fun embellishment. What did you end up using these on??