Friday, June 21, 2013

bendi fold card

Hi friends.  Yesterday was my monthly technique class, and one of the cards we made was a bendi fold.  There is a great bendi fold tutorial on splitcoaststampers.com, as well as a gallery, should you wish to make one of these. 

I used my picket fence on the edge die (Tim Holtz/Sizzix), but cut out pieces along the bottom, so I could create a taller fence.  Since the fence is intended to be a bit old and rickety, it wasn't necessary to be really precise with the cuts, so that was an easy change to the die cut. 

I kept the design somewhat simple, because of time limitations in a class.  But this is a card design that can be very clean and simple or extremely over the top.  My tendency is toward the simple end. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Starla said...

I will have to check out the tutorial on this fold!! I like your little garden scene you created!

Just Me said...

I like this card. Love the way the gate opens to show the garden. I'm going to have to check out the tutorial. Looks like a fun fold