Friday, June 14, 2013

flowers and inspiration

Hi friends.  Tonight I noticed that the inspiration challenge on SCS had been posted, so I decided to play along.  I was inspired by this halter dress that is all in brown flowers.  I knew right away which stamp I was going to use.  It's a flower (A Muse) just like those on the dress. 

I stamped the flower randomly in tea dye, gathered twigs, and vintage photo distress inks and then sponged tea dye and vintage photo over to darken the card stock.  I layered this on chocolate chip and an ivory card base. 

For the main image, I used the same stamp, but used salty ocean distress ink.  I added the sentiment (Endless Creations) in jet black stazon.  The sponging around the edge is vintage photo.  I again used chocolate chip as a layer. 

I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole for the ribbon, and added dimensional tape to raise the image piece up off the background. 

This was a really easy card to make and will also be my entry in Robyn's flower challenge on facebook. 

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Starla said...

Blues and browns....one of my favorite color combinations!!

You've been busy creating!!