Saturday, June 1, 2013

sending smiles

Hi friends.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  I haven't done much creating lately.  Earlier in the week, I played a little bit with my new gelli plate, which my honey gave me for our anniversary.  What fun, but I didn't get to play very long.  I can see where this would be lots of fun to do with a group.  Anyway, today I took one of the pieces I had made with the gelli plate and added some more to it with stencils and paint.  Then I cut it up into card sized pieces.  I used one on my card. 

I wanted to make a card for a challenge on the Outlaw Women Artists Emporium facebook page, things that make you smile.  Since butterflies make me smile, I pulled out one of my favorite old SU stamp sets, wonderful wings, and stamped the butterfly on the background and a second time on a piece of white card stock.  I colored the second one with ink and a sponge and then cut it out.  I attached the body to the card directly over the first butterfly, and added some dimensional tape under the wings. 

I added a trail with faux stitching, some thin strips of black card stock and some dots with a black Pitt pen, so that it also fit the technique challenge on SCS to do some crazy stitzhing. 

The sentiment is from Hero Arts. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

2 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

Melody-I love this card. Especially drawn to the way you did your top corner! Love the colors too.

Starla said...

Butterflies always make me smile too!!

I NEED to get the larger Gelli plate!! I get so caught up with the small one, but would LOVE to have more space to work with!!