Monday, October 7, 2013

hope you can cling to day 7

Hi friends.  Many of you probably know that October is breast cancer awareness month.  You see pink everywhere.  Even the football players are sporting pink.  Now I'm not a pink lover, so even though pink isn't required for every card, I'm sure by the end of the month, I will be well pinked out!

Each year splitcoaststampers.com has challenges each day for the entire month.  Participants send all the cards made for these challenges to the Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.  So, not only is it fun, but the cards are made for a good cause. 

I wasn't planning to participate, but when I looked at the challenge thread, I decided to jump in.  Since I started late, I had to play catch up.  I ended up making eight cards in one day. I'm not going to show them all at once.  I think it's more fun to spread them out, so I'm going to schedule a bunch of blog posts like I did in August for the dare to get dirty challenges. 

Today's challenge was leaves, and it worked perfectly to combine with the clean and simple card challenge on SCS.  That challenge was to case a card from Emily's gallery.  I chose this one

For my card, I used SU's wonderfall stamp set and the matching bigz die, autumn accents.  The colors I stamped with are tempting turquoise, green galore, and pink passion. 

The sentiment is from SU's inspired by nature set.  I think this card only took about 10 minutes.  I like that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Come on over to SCS and join the fun.

No comments: