Saturday, October 12, 2013

hope you can cling to days 10 and 11

Hi friends.  Here are the cards I made for the latest two challenges for breast cancer awareness on SCS.  Click here for more information on these challenges. 

Challenge twelve -- words to inspire you.  A card with words that are inspiring or motivating. 

I printed the quote on my computer and then die cut it with a spellbinders label die.  Using a stamp from leaf lines (SU), I stamped it a number of times and then colored the leaves with watercolor pencils and a blender pen.  I cut them out and arranged them around the quote. 

Challenge thirteen -- peace & quiet.  A card with no words on the front. 

I used a large image from Heartfelt Creations called rustic autumn wheel.  I colored it with watercolor pencils and blender pen.  I stamped the pumpkins twice more and cut them out.  The smaller ones are raised on foam tape. 

My next card is for the ways to use it challenge on SCS this week.   The challenge was to use an image or images that started with the same letter as your screen name.  Since I always use the same screen name, I needed to use the letter L for lacyquilter. 

I decided to die cut a leaf from a piece of leather.  I colored it with alcohol inks and added vein lines with a black marker.  Then I added layers of certainly celery, cream and black.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Have a great weekend. 

1 comment:

Julia Aston said...

3 lovely creations Melody! love the leaf frame you created and that wonderful tranquil fence/pumpkin scene!