Tuesday, October 15, 2013

napkin fold card

Hi friends.  I came across this fabulous napkin fold card on YouTube the other day.  The tutorial used a 12" piece of card stock, making a 6" square card.  I knew this technique would make the perfect birthday card for my grand nephew, who is in his first year of college.  Since I didn't want a card that large, I made some changes.  I started with an 8-1/2" square of white card stock.  
This is a photo of the card closed.  There is a belly band around the card to hold it closed.

When you slide off the belly band, the card pops open.

I had so much fun making this card.  It looks a lot more difficult than it is.  You can find both a picture tutorial and a video here.

The gray pattern paper is from SU.  I used a little cowboy from Stamp It Crazy and colored him with copic markers.  The stars and wanted are SU.  The happy birthday isn't labeled, but I love the style of the letters.  

I don't know if my grand nephew is a reader of my blog, so I'm going to schedule this post for after his birthday, since I don't want to ruin his surprise.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

You made this look easy,. though I know it must be tricky. I would have made a mess...tried to make it 4.5 times..and in the end, hated it! lol. I love this one!