Wednesday, October 16, 2013

hope you can cling to days 12 and 13

Hi friends.  I have some more cards for the breast cancer awareness challenges on SCS.  Click here for more information on these challenges. 

Challenge fourteen - The Colors of October.  A card using green, yellow, and pink.

I recently acquired a couple of stamps from Memory Box - dogwood branch and dogwood bloom.  They were perfect for this card.

I stamped the branch three times, doing my best to make it look like they are attached as one image.  On another piece of card stock, I also stamped the single bloom three times as well.  I colored the images with copic markers.  I fussy cut the single flowers, but when I cut out the branches, I left a small amount of white around them, and then glued them on certainly celery, with another layer of black, on a white card base.  The sentiment is from Stampendous.

Challenge fifteen - sticking by your side.  A card with a background made from washi tape.

I started with a light blue card base cut to make a peekaboo card (instructions found here).  Then I covered the card front with some Tim Holtz tissue tape.   I stamped some flowers by Judith several times with pacific point ink.  I used a blender pen to add more color to the flowers before cutting them out.  Then I sponged the same ink along the edges of the flowers.  I love how vibrant they look with some of the white still showing.  I stacked two large flowers and one small flower for each bloom. 

I used elegant flourishes die, which I cut apart and rearranged the pieces.  I also added a lot of punched leaves (Martha Stewart).  The sentiment was computer generated, since I didn't have a stamp that fit right in the small circle opening. 

The fun part about this card is when you open it, what is showing in the opening changes.  I apologize for the blurry photo.  My camera battery was dying & wouldn't focus properly. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

No comments: