Monday, October 21, 2013

hope you can cling to days 20 and 21

Hi friends.  I was playing a little catch up today, since I didn't do any stamping yesterday.  So here are my latest cards for the breast cancer awareness challenges on SCS. 

Challenge twenty-three -- kindness is showing support.  Create a card using the KISS technique.

I inked hello doily (SU) with elegant eggplant ink, and then I inked the butterfly with sage shadow and kissed (pressed) them together before stamping the butterfly on white card stock.  I repeated the same steps for the second butterfly.  The butterfly bodies are die cut with a memory box die. 

I glued some strips of sage shadow and elegant eggplant on an ivory card base.  The sentiment is from take flight (gina k).  I sponged the edges of the card with eggplant ink and popped up the wings on the butterflies with foam tape. 

Challenge twenty-four -- The King of Rock n Roll.  Create a card inspired in some way by Elvis. 

I went with the song 'blue suede shoes' and used a piece of blue suede paper.  The card base is more mustard and the DP is pink paislee.  The flowers (judith) are stamped with pacific point ink (I had some extras stamped from a few days ago).  I used copic markers to color them.  I punched a bunch of leaves from old olive card stock using a martha stewart punch.  Then I sponged the edges with old olive and added vein lines with a marker.  I punched out some tiny circles from the DP to use as faux brads.  The sentiment is from sincere salutations (SU).  I really love the color combination on this card. 

My third card is for the technique challenge (Inlay Die Cuts) on SCS.   The technique was to cut small strips of pattern paper or card stock and glue them to another piece of paper and then die cut a shape from the new paper you made.  This is a good technique to use up some small scraps of pattern paper. 

I die cut a scalloped circle and then drew around it with a black sharpie.  The flower die is called honeyblossom sprig from memory box.  This was my first time using it, and I really like it.  The sentiment is from friendship blooms (SU). 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope your week is off to a great start. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melody; your cards are all so beautiful! I hope to be this good someday. I love the way you did the flourishes and daisies (above) - also all the other cards you have posted here. Love Jan aka Precious Kitty