Thursday, October 10, 2013

hope you can cling to days 4, 5, and 6

Hi friends.  Here are more cards for the challenges on SCS this month.  To learn more or to participate, click here

Challenge six -- let's punch out breast cancer.  A card with punches and/or die cuts on it. 

I used a cute little girl stamp from lost coast designs, that I purchased at the stamp show last month.  Isn't she sweet?  I stamped her in jet black stazon and then colored her with a blender pen and pastels.  I die cut her with spellbinders' reverse wonky rectangles and added some punched hearts. 

The background was made by stamping doilies (SU) in versamark ink and then sponging pastels over the ink, a technique called poppin' pastels.  It's been ages since I did that technique. 

I added two strips of card stock, sponged with creamy caramel ink and faux stitched. 

Challenge seven -- fighting in pink camo.  A card using pink camouflage on it. 

I made my own camo by stamping a solid butterfly stamp (SU) randomly in several shades of pink.  The butterfly idea was kind of an accident, but a happy one.  I was going to use the camo paper as a background and wondered how it would look with a memory box butterfly die cut on it.  Well, when I place the butterfly on it, I realized that it would look so much better without the background around it, so I die cut the solid butterfly from the camo paper.  Sooooo much better. 

For the background, I chose a piece of Prima paper instead.  Then I added the butterfly trail in faux stitching and the sentiment from Gina K Designs.  I really like how this one turned out. 

Challenge eight -- many colors of cancer.  A card using a ribbon color designated for a certain type of cancer. 

I chose light blue for prostate cancer in honor of my dad, who passed away from that almost 20 years ago. 

Using the SU stamp set field flowers, I stamped the stem in pear pizzazz and the flowers in bashful blue and ballet blue.  The sentiment is from oval all (SU).  The edge punch is abstract flowers from EK Success. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

No comments: