Friday, January 3, 2014

happy little birdies

Hi friends.  Today was the mixability challenge (mixed media) on SCS.  I haven't participated in this challenge very much, so I thought I'd play today.  The challenge was to make finger painted clouds.  The only other requirement is that more than one type of medium is used.  I used acrylic paint for the clouds, and my other medium is ink. 

I started with a piece of periwinkle cardstock and made the clouds.  Then I stamped the birds on the wire (a muse) with black stazon.  I extended the line with a pitt pen and added the extra bird on the left.  The birds are colored with a creamy caramel marker. 

I punched the corners with a ticket corner punch and backed the piece with black, adding a few dots in each corner with a pitt pen. 

I used two strips of pattern paper and added fancy photo corner punches. 

The sentiment is hero arts.  All in all, a pretty quick and easy card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

krcmasterpiece said...

I love those birds on a wire! Cute-Cute-Cute!