Hi friends. It seems as though the past year has just flown by at high speed. Or maybe I'm just slowing down. Whatever the reason, I don't seem to get as much accomplished as I would like.
Although I haven't been employed for some time, at the beginning of December, I officially became a retiree. So I now get to enjoy the benefits of social security and a pension.
I don't make resolutions, because I have the greatest tendency to completely forget about them, and thus, they become no more than a worthless thought. I do, however, have good intentions.
Last night the Outlaw Women had a party - over the internet. No being out on the road with drivers who shouldn't be behind the wheel. We had lots of challenges, prizes, laughter, and whatever party food we wished, all from the comforts of home. What fun.
One of the challenges was to make a card gift box. I chose to make mine from recycled cereal box chipboard. I have a pattern that I made many years ago, so I used that. It makes a nice sturdy box that will hold 8-10 cards with envelopes for a nice gift.
After cutting out the top and bottom, scoring and taping up the sides, I covered it with some pattern paper from Indian Summer stack (I think I got that at JoAnn's). I use PVA glue.
Then I stamped a couple of flowers and colored them with Copic markers, punched out a bunch of leaves, sponged the edges, and arranged them on the top of the box.
My box was randomly drawn as a prize winner - yay!
We also had a scavenger hunt type challenge, where we were given a list of items that must be included on our project. And we only had an hour to complete it.
I made a card using naturals ivory as my base. I stamped an alphabet (collage stuff) repeatedly, using wisteria chalk ink. Then I added to different pattern papers - one with stripes and one with dots - from K&Company (a Christmas gift). I stamped a flourish (inkadinkado) on the dotted one and then added a piece of lace from my stash.
For the main image, I stamped the little butterfly girl (lost coast designs) and just sponged on some of the wisteria ink. I placed a stencil (TCW) over the image and sponged all around the little girl. I then die cut the image with labels collection framelits (SU/Sizzix) and sponged the edges with vintage photo ink. I added glitter on the wings, and then adhered the panel with dimensional foam tape.
After I uploaded my card to the gallery, I found out that I had missed a couple of requirements, when rushing to get them all written down. I guess I got disqualified.
And I just have to show you one of the things my daughter gave me for Christmas. She sewed it completely by hand. I'm so proud of her.
The flowers were sewn individually and stuffed before they were attached to the background. This view shows that better.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I wish you many blessings in the year ahead. Happy New Year.