Saturday, March 29, 2014

neglected

Yes, I've really been neglecting my blog.  I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post.  I suppose that is mostly because I haven't really been creating much.  Not that I haven't done any crafting, because I have.  I made cards for my classes, I've been doing a bit of crochet, and I started quilting another one of those quilts that have been sitting for a couple of years waiting for me to stick a needle in. 

Here are two of the cards from my last class.  The first one is called a double dutch fold

I used the SU hostess set simply sketched and colored the image with a waterbrush and intense pencils.  I love those and really need to get the big set of 72.  I only have 24 and it always seems like the color I really need isn't there.  I guess I need to save some money so I can get those. 

The second card is a whitewashing technique -- so fun.  You embossed the image in white EP and then color it with white ink and a waterbrush.  I chose to leave mine neutral and not add any additional color. 

And I have another card that I made for today's inspiration challenge on SCS.  I chose the 2nd sample given as my inspiration.  I used a new background stamp from SU called hardwood -- awesome stamp. 

I have something else I worked on this week, but I'll save that for another post. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Starla said...

Grrrr.....DH needs to work on my computer! This is the third attempt at trying to comment!
LOVE all the cards and will be filing those ideas away for another day!