Hi friends. Remember that quilt I talked about in my last post? Well, I've been working on it a little bit every day. Today, I finished it. What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment!
When I started working on this last week, I already had the flowers quilted. I just needed to quilt the edges of each square and bind the quilt.
First, I quilted around the edges of all the internal blocks. Then I sewed the binding to the front edge of the quilt and trimmed any excess fabric and batting. Then I quilted around all the edge blocks. You can see some of the quilting detail in this next photo, especially on the purple flower.
Then it was time to stitch the binding onto the quilt back and add a label. I print my label from my computer and then trace it onto muslin with the help of a light box. I use a pigma pen and heat set it with an iron. When I attached this label, I placed it under the binding, so it was a little bit less work stitching it on.
This last picture is one of my favorite blocks from this quilt.
Thanks so much for stopping by.