Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's been awhile

Hi friends.  Yes, I'm still here.  I know it's been a long time since I've posted.  I really haven't been doing much crafting.  I guess I needed a break.  I've done a bit of gardening.  I had to replace all my lavender plants that died over the cold winter.  I think because of all the rain we've been having, they aren't doing too well.  Of course, they need to be weeded badly - not something I enjoy and it's really too wet. 

I do have some tomatoes coming on -- little green ones.  And a few tiny zucchini plants are up -  I planted those really late, but we'll enjoy some before summer is over. 

I took my hexagon quilt with me to my lace guild, because I knew I could set up some extra tables and pin the layers together.  So I have that ready to baste and start quilting.  

Last night I made a card for the Rubber Stamp Event contest, but will wait to show that one to you.  I won 2nd place last year, so here's hoping. 

Here are the cards we made in my technique class last week. 

The first is a pop up box card -- a bit labor intensive, but well worth it.  There's a tutorial here

The 2nd is a card using inchies.  Little works of art that are only an inch square.  They are great for using your tiny stamps. 

The 3rd is a stair step card.  A tutorial can be found here

I used a pretty sunflower stamp that I picked up recently at a rummage.  It's part of a set - one solid image and one detailed image.  The only problem with that is the stamps are mirror images, so they really don't fit together.  But they can be used separately, so that's how I used one of them for this card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

krcmasterpiece said...

Hi girl! Been missing you! Hope you are well.

Love the box card!! Really cute.

Take care!