Saturday, July 19, 2014

patchwork

Hi friends.  Friday's mix-ability challenge on SCS was to make some patchwork.  As a quilter, how can I resist such a challenge.  This is a mixed media challenge and requires that at least two different mediums are used. 

I pulled out a bunch of scraps and leftovers from other projects.  Then I used a square punch to make the blocks.  I used some corrugated cardboard, burlap ribbon, some inked and embossed pieces, stamped cardstock, some prints from my gelli plate, and some melted crayon that was just an experiment. 


After gluing all the blocks on my card, I added faux stitching. 

The flower was already stamped and colored.  I just needed to cut it out.  I attached it with dimensional foam tape. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Starla said...

This turned out fabulous! I have such a hard time mixing patterns that I fear I'd be a horrible quilter!