Friday, August 22, 2014

fan club challenges

Hi friends.  Earlier this month, SCS held their week of special challenges (Dare to Get Dirty)  for fan club members only.  They started on the 2nd and each day for a week, 5 or 6 challenges were presented.  The deadline for uploading the cards was August 11 at midnight central time.  I started a couple of days late, so I was in a stamping frenzy all week.  My goal was to be one of the queens, which meant that I had to complete a separate card for each challenge.  The total number of challenges... 49!  I made it! 

There are prize winners (drawn randomly) for those who participate.  The queens are also eligible for a couple of the better prizes.  There is one prize yet to be awarded, and so far I haven't won, so I'm not expecting to.  But it was still a lot of fun to participate. 

Here are a few of the cards.  This one uses my favorite SU stamp set, Natural Beauty and some Prima paper. 

This next one is with another old SU set.   I also used a Martha Stewart leaf punch. 

 
For this next one, I used a piece of wired burlap ribbon.  I removed the wire and frayed the edges a bit.  The leaves are cut with deckle scissors. 
The card I made for the first challenge was the only one I didn't like, but here it is anyway. 

I won't overwhelm you with a post of all the cards.  Just a few at a time. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: