Saturday, December 20, 2014

in my happy place

Hi friends.  I'm working on Christmas presents.  I just have a few to finish.  Right now I'm making a few mug rugs -- basically -- mini quilts. 

I dug into my stash and found a box filled with squares sewn from triangles.  I had to press the seams, and then I picked out a bunch that matched and arranged them into blocks. 

I have these sewn, with the binding attached, but I still need to stitch (by hand) the binding down to the back, and then I will hand quilt them.  I don't think that will take very long.  I use the clips to hold the binding in place as I stitch. 

Here they are a bit closer, so you can see some of the detail better.


Thank you so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Starla said...

It's been way too long since I've stopped by your blog. Since I don't sew, I always admire your quilting. It ALMOST makes me wish I didn't have such horrible memories of needle and thread, LOL!!