Wednesday, January 21, 2015

just playing

Hi friends.  When I was an SU demo, I would make up card kits for my classes and workshops.  I always made more than I expected to need for the class, in case there were extra people in attendance.  That also meant that I often had extras that didn't get used.  I would sometimes put some of them together, but most of the time, I just put them in a box.  I decided it was time to do something with them.  So I've been taking the kits apart.  I now have a lot of cut and folded card bases, so I can save time by using those when I need to make a card.  All the smaller pieces of cardstock just went into a box to be dealt with later.  I also found images that were stamped and colored, as well as die cuts and punched pieces, just waiting to be put on a card. 

My sister needs about 75 cards for a ladies retreat, so I offered some of my stash.  I haven't done much stamping lately, and was in the mood, so I pulled some of those images and pre-cut pieces of cardstock and assembled some cards.  Here are a few of them. 

This first one required cutting out the flower and leaves, trimming the pattern paper and stamping a sentiment. 

The next one only required a butterfly, assembly and a sentiment. 

The last one has a die cut piece of cereal box, which I colored with my Faber-Castell gel sticks, which are just an inexpensive set of gelatos.  There are only 12 colors in the set.  This is the first time I've used them, and I really liked them.  I used green on the chipboard and red on the flowers, spreading the color with a water brush.  I also added some dots along the stems with a green marker. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

No comments: