Friday, April 10, 2015

spring

Hi friends.  Even though the weather is still chilly, I think spring is here.  The last couple of days, we've had a lot of wind and rain.  The grass has turned green & I think I heard DH say something about needing to mow soon.  A few days ago, I went to the garden center & bought some seeds.  My plans are to get them started indoors, so when it's warm enough, I can just transplant them in the ground.  I bought mostly flowers, but also some zucchini.  I'll get some tomato plants & maybe some peppers later.  I found this idea on Pinterest to use toilet paper rolls to make little planters for starting seeds.  When you're ready to put them outside, you put the whole thing in the ground - no disturbing the plants, (or in my case, dumping the dirt all over and making a mess).  So I've been getting mine ready.  I have quite a few ready to add dirt.  I just need to get busy and start. 

Today, on SCS, the mixability challenge was to use woolly dots.  Since wool and I don't get along, I used a cotton ball instead.  Here's the card that I made. 

This brings back memories of spring in northern Wisconsin.  We would always go find some pussywillows to put in a vase without water, so they would dry and last longer. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Melody, I love your pussy willows. I am saving your card for when I use them in any of the stamps I have. I love your clouds. The whole card should be framed!!! How clever with the seedlings. Thanks for both tips about the cotton and the seeds!! Happy Spring!