Monday, July 27, 2015

cathedral windows

Hi friends.  Today the SCS technique challenge was cathedral windows -- not in a building, but in a quilt.  Since I love quilting, I wanted to participate. 

The instructions given used a 1-3/8" circle punch, but I was having trouble with mine, as well as having issues with the folding.  So I chose to go with a 2" circle die instead.  It was so much easier to work with.  Originally I was going to make it really scrappy, but I ended up just using two different pattern papers for the quilt design. 

For one of the layers underneath, I couldn't find a paper that matched to my satisfaction, so I made my own using a victorian lace background stamp and creamy caramel ink.  I also sponged over the design to change the color of the cardstock. 

The sentiment is from Red Lead and the buttons are stamped & punched. 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: