Friday, September 4, 2015

a card or two

Hi friends.  I don't know where the time has gone.  Somehow, more than a month has gone by & I haven't blogged.  I made two cards this week that weren't for one of my classes.  They were for the technique challenge on SCS.  The challenge was for a cute little fold up on the front of the card. 

When I looked at the instructions, I thought they sounded more complicated than was necessary, so I changed mine a bit.  I cut a piece of cardstock 3" x 8.5" and scored it at 2", 4", and 6", so that when folded, the back panel extended 1/2" above the rest.  Also, instead of using ribbon, I used hemp twine & used a punched circle with a brad to wrap it around.  

The folded panel is perfect for using a tall stamp.  Since I have many of the Prima mixed media doll stamps, I thought they would work great.  
School started on Tuesday, so I made the girly girl card for the neighbor girl across the street.  And her brother, who plays all kinds of sports, got a super jock card.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. 

2 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

Melody-long time no see! LOL. I love the two cards! The kids are going to love that they fold out. hope you are well. Have a blessed day!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Two lovely cards x