Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Christmas card

Hi friends.  I think I may have figured out my Christmas card for this year... waaaaayyyyy early!

Sandy Allnock is doing a a free online class called 'go for the gold' -- a week of daily videos.  She has some great ideas.  Day 1 was a Christmas card with a detachable ornament.  I love the idea of a card with an attached gift.  Since I don't have many of the products Sandy is using, I opted to put my own spin on it.

I die cut my ornament twice from cereal box chipboard and twice from cardstock.  I glued the 2 chipboard ornaments together.  I then die cut a star in the cardstock pieces.

I wanted the star to be bright gold, so I pulled out some very, very old wrapping paper (that used to be my mom's), and die cut some ovals big enough to cover the area behind the star opening.  After gluing the ovals to the chipboard, I then glued on the cardstock ornaments.  A little turquoise sponged around the edges defined the edges a bit.

I punched a hole in the top and added string.

The card base is turquoise.  A mint green layer was stamped with a pine bough stamp (Rubbernecker).

I made a pocket from vellum cardstock, which I edge punched and stamped with the sentiment.  I could have used gold for the sentiment, but can't seem to find my gold ink pad.  The vellum is folded to the back and glued to create the pocket for the ornament.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Nikki Foraker said...

So pretty! :)

April said...

Lovely! I love the border on the vellum.

Seahorse Creations said...

Very pretty, love the blue colors. Great card for the holidays.

Sandy said...

Your pocket is so perfect - nice and big to hold in that ornament perfectly! Thanks for going for the GOLD!

Sharon Madson said...

It is even more gorgeous in real life! Thank you!