Monday, September 28, 2015

It all started at Goodwill

Hi friends.  I got to see most of the eclipse last night.  It was pretty awesome!  I thought I was going to miss it, since it was cloudy all day.  But then about 7:30 I noticed that the sky was clear where the moon was.  However, when I checked at the starting time, there were light clouds in the way.  I kept checking periodically and was able to see some of the beginning, but it wasn't until the shadow was half way across the moon that it cleared up again.  Now I wasn't going to sit and just watch for several hours, so I'd go take a peek every now and then.  Isn't God's creation awesome?

Now, what was that about Goodwill?  I was shopping there last week and found a plastic package with some wire thing inside with alligator clips on it.  I really wasn't sure what it was, but it was only 50 cents, so I bought it.  When I got home, I opened it up and found a mobile that you could attach anything to using the alligator clips.  My first thought was butterflies or birds. 

I wanted to enter the Sizzix fall challenge, (#FallforSizzix) so I decided to use the mobile.  I started by die cutting 20 leaves (Tim Holtz tattered leaves die) from cereal box chipboard and 20 from cardstock.  I then glued them together in sets of one chipboard leaf and one cardstock leaf, until I had 20 sets. 

I then proceeded to color the leaves, using a sponge with yellow, orange, red, green, purple, and brown ink. 

I wanted the leaves to have some texture, so I embossed each in the Tim Holtz layered leaf embossing folder and then highlighted the embossing a bit with the brown ink. 

The next step was matching the leaf halves and gluing them together, so they would be two-sided. 


Once they were all glued and dry, I attached them to the mobile.  I love how it turned out.  I can see other possibilities for the mobile.  I love how easy it is to change it. 

Thanks so much for visiting today. 




No comments: