Monday, September 21, 2015

pumpkins

Hi friends.  Are you a lover of all things pumpkin?  I certainly enjoy many things made with pumpkin.  A number of years ago, I bought about 10 good sized pumpkins for a bargain price.  And then I canned pumpkin.  And canned more pumpkin.  And cannned...  You get the picture.  I'm still using that canned pumpkin - pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin dessert.  And I can make pumpkin something any time of the year.  It doesn't have to just be in the fall.  This week I made a pumpkin smoothie.  It was good, but I think I need to tweak the spices a bit.  And add some caramel syrup. 

So what else but a pumpkin card?  The free for all challenge on SCS this week was to use a pumpkin on your project. 

I used nested pumpkins dies from spellbinders to cut cereal box chipboard and designer paper for the pumpkin.  I sponged the edges with pumpkin pie & vintage photo inks. 

The flourish was already die cut (I think that's a sizzix die).  I die cut 2 leaves with assorted leaves dies (an old spellbinders set).  I sponged the leaves with always artichoke ink.  Then I spritzed them with water and crumbled them up and then flattened them back out partially.  Once they were dry, I adhered them to the pumpkin. 

The background is some designer paper and a couple of strips of dusty durango cardstock. 

The word thanks is a cuttlebug die and is die cut from black and cereal box chipboard.  I used a couple of layers of chipboard, because I wanted it to be sturdy. 

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. 

No comments: