Saturday, February 20, 2016

corner butterflies

Hi friends.  I've been in a creative mood lately, so I've actually been making some cards.  Of course, some of them are for upcoming classes, but a few have been just for fun. 

I've been browsing through the tutorial section on splitcoast to get some ideas.  I love cards that have special folds or that are interactive.  The decorative corner card is a very easy fun card that stands on its own.  I made my first one to use in class last month.  Then I made one for a get well card, but forgot to take a picture.  This one uses the same background as the get well card.  The background is made from strips that are trimmed off cardstock when creating layers.  These all started as ivory, the same color as the card base, but I swiped them with different colors of ink (mostly distress), and then sponged some gathered twigs distress ink on all the edges.  Sometimes, I just make up a bunch of them, so they are ready to go.  They make a great faux wood background. 

The butterflies were in my stash -- you know, when you make more than you need.   

All I needed to add was the sentiment.  

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Debbie in LA said...

Beautiful card. I will definitely keep the strip and distress idea in mind. I am not sure how the card fits into an envelope, though.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Debbie, the card flattens to fit nicely in an envelope.