Hi friends. I've been having fun with waterfall cards lately. Originally, I think these were meant to be vertical, so they actually represented a waterfall, but I've seen also some horizontal ones. I've been using the horizontal layout. Sometimes, I think either would work, but occasionally, the horizontal style is necessary. They appear to be a complicated card, but really are rather simple. I've also done some experimenting with the size of the actually moving parts. Here are some I've recently made.
I made this floral one for a technique challenge on SCS. Then I used it as one of the techniques in my class this month. I realized that as long as the moving parts fit underneath the brace strip, I could pretty much do anything on this. The butterfly extends beyond the pull strip, but is on on stationary part of the strip.
This one was a card request by my DH for a friend he plays volleyball with. These are the colors on their shirts.
And this one was made for a little 4 year old boy who loves trains. He just had some surgery and I hope this will cheer him up. I really stretched the parameters on this one. I made the pull strip 1/2" wider than normal, and all of the train cars extend above or below the strip, but I made sure they would still fit under the brace. Because this card will most likely be played with a bit, I doubled the eyelets on the brace for more stability. The engine.
The coal car.
The box car.
And the caboose.
Thank you so much for stopping in for a visit today.