Monday, January 8, 2018

another doily

Hi friends,

Our Christmas celebration with my husband's family has been delayed until after the new year, so I had time to make another doily for my father-in-law's wife.  I chose a pattern that didn't look too difficult, and decided to use one of my older crochet hooks this time.  What a difference that made. 

Here is the pattern I used. 
I really love the two colors on this, but also know that takes longer when you need to switch colors and then weave in all those ends.  So, instead, I chose a variegated thread.  This one was started on a Saturday evening and finished by late afternoon on Monday.  I actually surprised myself that I was done so quickly. 

Here is the full doily.  I sure does look different in this thread.  This one is 15" across.  I simplified the final round. 
And here is a closeup bit. 
Thank you so much for stopping in to visit today. 

2 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Gorgeous work, Melody! I wonder if I can still crochet after all these years!

Leone Byington said...

Gorgeous work